Unlocking the Talent in Your Workforce
Free to attend
For the first time, this year's Awards for Enterprise will be the culmination of a week of events created to highlight, celebrate and encourage enterprise in Jersey.
Imagine that your son and daughter, who have the same experience and the same qualifications, are interviewed for the same job. How will you react when you hear that:
- Your son is offered the job because they don’t want a woman who might become pregnant
- Your daughter is offered the job because they don’t want someone in a wheelchair
- They are so good that both are offered a job, but your daughter is offered a salary 20% less than your son
These are real scenarios that are happening every day. Such attitudes may be obvious or hidden, they may influence recruitment, promotion or just plain everyday activity. If there is any chance that they occur in your company they are seriously undermining the profitability of your business, and this event will explore the reasons why.
Achieving a diverse and gender balanced workforce creates efficiency savings, enhances employee engagement, boosts productivity, meets the needs of customers and suppliers and improves brand reputation. Can you really afford to ignore this?
Welcome and introduction, Wendy Lambert, Lambert Legal
Why Diversity is a Business Necessity
- Samantha Keen; Restructuring Partner EY, UK
Panel Discussion and Q&A:
- Samantha Keen, Restructuring Partner, EY UK
- Wendy Holley, Chief Operating Officer, Jersey Trust Company
- Lorna Pestana, Head of Human Resources, Guiton Group & Chair, Jersey CIPD
- Duncan Langston, Branch Manager, Waitrose
- Richard Rolfe, Jersey Skills Board
Networking and Drinks