Posted Wednesday 16th March 2016
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of issues including advising on commercial agreements with major customers and suppliers; ensuring that each business complies with its licences and relevant regulatory rules, and data protection issues. In addition to this, the role will involve working with a wide variety of teams across Sure including the Business Development, Operations, Sales and Marketing teams, with high visibility with the Sure Senior Management team and with the Batelco Group General Counsel.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Commercial legal matters including:
- Drafting and agreeing confidentiality agreements, letters of intent;
- Advice to Business on contractual and legal matters;
- Interconnection and other commercial agreements and negotiations;
- Management, updating and revision of standard legal documents and agreements;
- Compliance with Batelco Group processes and procedures;
• Regulatory issues including:
- Assistance with resolving customer complaints against Sure
- Ensuring that any product documentation such as Ts & Cs reflect and comply with local regulatory requirements In addition the person will be required to
- Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the businesses
- Understand and ensure compliance with the relevant Laws and regulations in the Channel islands, Isle of Man and SADG
- Instruct and manage as necessary and appropriate external lawyers and advisers
- Work closely with other divisions and functions of Sure in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man but particularly Sales, Marketing and Product
- Regularly review and monitor external sources for relevant legal and regulatory updates to be disseminated and briefed on within the Business
- Liaise with Batelco departments and functions as required
- Provide updates on key Sure and SADG legal issues for Exco and other Senior Management as required
IN ADDITION THE PERSON WILL BE REQUIRED TO;
• Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position.
• Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Sure Safety Policy.
• Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies of Sure.
• Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities. This awareness training includes understanding of the incident reporting process to be followed in the event of the employee suspecting, causing, or discovering an information security incident.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Legally qualified in any of the United Kingdom, Guernsey, Jersey or the Isle of Man with 2 to 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Willing and able to work alone and progress projects with business and commercial input
- Able to manage expectations and requirements within departments o Able to explain core and key legal requirements in plain English
- Some regulatory experience preferred (not necessarily in telecoms, e.g., experience in other regulated industry, GFSC, etc.) KEY BEHAVIOURS
- Good communication skills with ability to explain impact of legal issues in plain English
- Professional - engage with colleagues and external business partners with respect and integrity even in situations that may involve disputes
- Proactive – act on any identified risks to the business as soon as identified to reduce and mitigate their effects
- One Team – able to work with and support colleagues across all parts of the business
Please sned your CV's to : email@example.com