Posted Thursday 2nd July 2015 by Melina Syred, Membership Services, Digital Jersey
Creating Value for Our Members
Creating value is one of the most misunderstood tools of innovation, but is also one of the most important. Particularly given online products and services are so easily accessible, it's important you stand out in the crowd.
Value is why people trade with you. It is what makes people decide to buy your product or service over someone else's. In return they receive something they want, desire or need. So what differentiates your business' product/service over the next? Value is not fixed or tangible, therefore its worth is in the perception of the consumer. So, how do you generate value? Here are three ways:
Create new value
Create more value - 3 strategies
Create better value
- By breaking into a whole new sector, this is often difficult and challenging.
- keep the purchase price the same and deliver more
- Lower the price and deliver the same-remember Apple used this when they released their second iPhone at a lower price than the first iPhone?
- Do both
- Like creating more value, better value relies on expanding an existing value. But instead of increasing the quantity, you increase the quality. Specifically, you can create better value with a change in impact, intensity, or application. Pack more punch.
At Digital Jersey we want to create and deliver more value to our members. That said, we appreciate value is subjective and that circumstances change, which is why we need to ensure that we are all communicating with each other. In essence, this means two simple things:
- Your commitment to us - you offer constructive feedback on both membership and on what your vision of your co-working Hub space should be.
- Our commitment to you - we listen and work with you to help achieve your vision
Let's face it - running a start-up or SME can take place pretty well anywhere today it doesn't really matter what the surrounding area is as long as there is good Wi-Fi but, we don’t just want to offer you space – we want to create a community. Here are a few things we’re doing to improve and create more value for your membership…
Starter for 10
- 24/7 Secure Access
- The hub will undergo a slight re vamp- a late Spring clean so to speak so we might be asking for your help to shift some furniture!
- The open device lab will be moved for more comfort and to get more devices added, click here to read more. We are crowd surfing for some new android and apple devices-let us know if you have an old device to donate if so, you rock!
- An iPad is available in the centre Island for news surfing and to leave comments on our online suggestion box (now available FT, The Economist, JEP extra, Entrepreneur, coming soon Wired) - come and join us for a coffee and a read
- A data protection policy template is now available for your business, with more business tools to be added in the online library
- 2 new TVs have been installed in the meeting rooms
- Project Link is posting for members find out more!
- Check out what's going on on our Digital boards, created by Ovalbit
- Grow your Network- with more than 126 events last year, we want to create opportunities to help people build valuable relationships. The next member event in the Hub is the Member2Member (M2M) lunch 'n learn 16th July
- We will increase our memberships with other Hubs, accelerators and organisations friendships to increase your exposure and networking
And coming soon…
- Grow your business base
- M2M discounts - member to member allows you to expand your customer base and open doors to potential partnerships and alliances
- B2M discounts - business to member allows you to offer discounts from your business to other members
- P2P Networking - peer to peer share challenges and exchange advice in a friendly open environment. Session formats include guest speakers and roundtables.
- P2M Networking - Peer to member share experiences and lessons learnt in a friendly relaxed environment
We want to create opportunities to help people build valuable relationships and grow your network. If there is anything else you think we should be doing to support this, please let us know, and keep letting us know.