PwC Channel Islands
Sunday 29th May 2022
About the role
The Risk Assurance team in Jersey (Channel Islands) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced data assurance practitioner to join our growing, agile Risk Assurance Team. The successful candidate will benefit from the support and collaboration of a small team yet have the opportunity to work across the PwC network on a variety of larger high-profile clients and engagements. Boards of Directors and executive management recognise the ever-increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organisation’s strategic objectives. Globalisation, evolving business models, upgraded IT systems, the changing regulatory environment and higher stakeholder expectations serve as a critical catalyst driving this heightened need to identify and address significant risks that could prevent a company from achieving its strategic objectives. PwC understands that significant risk is rarely confined to discrete areas within an organisation. Rather, most significant risks have a wide-ranging impact across the organisation. PwC’s Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. This is complimented by extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our professionals possess. The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company. We combine our client’s data assets with our knowledge of data analysis technology and business experience to help clients evaluate risk, identify and recommend business improvement opportunities.
Data Assurance provides services related to:
• Financial and regulatory data analytics
• Data focused support for current assertions or key decisions
• Validation of underlying data, key reports and KPIs
• Enablement of robust tactical financial data analysis solutions
PwC’s Data Assurance professionals play an integral role delivering service to clients across all major industries, with a particular focus on Asset and Wealth Management and Banking in the Channel Islands.
Who we are looking for
As a credible candidate you will have developed core skills in a wide range of data analytical practices, with a strong background in both consulting and audit. You will have developed skills in specialised analytical and visualisation tools and applied these to the evaluation of accounting and / or financial issues whilst leading a team.
You will need to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations to maximise the client value and impact over Digital Audit, Controls Assurance and Data-driven Advisory engagements.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in data assurance, data analysis or data management experience as it relates to supporting business processes, internal auditing or external audit procedures
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Science or business-related field
• Performing on project teams and providing deliverables involving multiphase data analysis related to the evaluation of accounting and/or financial issues.
• Accounting ledger and sub-ledger applications to interpret requests and reconcile data.
• Evaluating accounting, business process, operational, and, or, financial issues.
• Database concepts including building relationships between tables, grouping data, and following steps to create cohesive analyses.
• Data manipulation and analysis technologies inclusive of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, ACL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, Python Alteryx, Microsoft .NET framework, HTML or XML.
• Data visualisation tools including Microsoft Power BI, Tableau or Qlik
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven track record of success with operating in a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist.
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge and or a proven record of success with identifying and obtaining new service opportunities and taking the opportunities through the sales cycle, including the following:
• Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection; identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining extensive client relationships;
• Assisting with the leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success working seamlessly in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations, domestically and globally.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client’s business.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities and/ or a proven record of success for delivering professional data assurance services inclusive of accounting data analyses; Computer-Assisted Auditing Technology (CAAT) services; enablement of data base automation tools; identification of data quality issues and related cleansing; data flow process reviews; risk assessments; and spreadsheet remediation and/or simplification.
• Demonstrates thorough project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules.
• Demonstrates creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritising and completing tasks.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with researching and analysing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
• Demonstrates thorough abilities to approach clients and team members in an organised and knowledgeable manner and to deliver clear requests for information.
• Demonstrates thorough negotiation and persuasion skills used to sell potential new service opportunities, including a proven track record with identifying and converting potential engagement opportunities and developing market presence.
• Demonstrates thorough capabilities with project leadership.
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, The PwC Professional.
This focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop, and assess our people.