Tuesday 28th February 2023
A Junior Solutions Consultant will configure, customise and develop systems in line with requirements to support a variety of clients, with support from senior peers. A typical day of a Junior Solutions Consultant involves working with peers to functionally outline a solution to the identified use cases and then developing systems and processes using a variety of technologies and platforms. This may follow a prototyping approach where input from peers can be obtained and the final design agreed. Support of existing clients and systems is a priority of the role, which will support knowledge transfer and help grow your skills and experience in applicable systems and platforms. The role will be supported by mentoring and learning time.
This role requires
· Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, adaptability and flexibility to adapt to changing technologies.
· Analytical, problem solving and communication skills as well as the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team, delivering a wide range of services to our clients.
Responsibilities & duties:
· Developing solutions, including customisation, configuration, integration, and extensibility, as well as growing your awareness of the boundaries and constraints of relevant platforms.
· Supporting the development team
· Test customisations and work with the customer through the acceptance of these.
· Utilise problem-solving skills to understand client pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise.
· Occasionally work directly with clients to support various projects and solutions.
· Dedication to learning new systems and platforms, as well as developing soft skills and solutions development lifecycle.
Utilisation / forecasting
· Ensure Harvest Forecast is accurately updated to reflect all project work and planned absence
· Ensure Timesheets are updated daily and accurately whether billing or not (i.e., Pre-Sales)
· Attend team meetings and the half year departmental sessions. Participate where possible
· Support internal projects / initiatives
· Actively live by the colleague charter; to ensure values, culture and inclusivity remain strong
· Ensure appraisal is scheduled in with line manager
· Be accountable for and keep appraisals up to date with supporting information periodically
Training and development
· Support Training Team with National Learning Week or equivalent
· Actively support team peer reviews
· Ensure all training and personal development events are logged in Dynamics
· Seek out shadowing opportunities for Junior and Trainee Consultants within the team and across the organisation
· Attend mandatory internal training
· Good communicator
· Work well in a team
· Able to follow instructions and seek assistance when required
· Dedicated to learning and undertake further qualifications
· Willingness to work to deadlines and be able to adapt as required to business needs
· Have a positive attitude and a growth mindset
· Studied towards a relevant academic or industry led qualification and/or proven experience in a similar role for 2+ years
What do you receive in return?
This role sits within the Business Solutions Department, who are a strong team working on significant projects and initiatives across our diverse client base. As well as being part of a great team, essential things such as a great salary, security, holidays and training are on offer – oh, and our USP…? A life, yes that is right, work / life balance is critical to our healthy team ethos, just check out our community page to gain an insight into our team psyche. If this all sounds frighteningly familiar then again, this is great news and we look forward to welcoming you to the team. If you love innovation and want to be part of something better, working for a dynamic yet secure business, then look no further.
Simply send your details and a current CV to [email protected]