Thursday 30th June 2022
Sure are looking for someone with a broad technical background who has a strong working knowledge across LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies. Key areas of experience for a successful candidate include network implementation of both wired and wireless networks, and configuration and deployment of Cisco and Meraki hardware (switching, routing, firewalls, wireless).
The role will predominantly be hands-on, implementing technical solutions for our clients designed by our Professional Service Consultants whilst also building relationships with our clients and demonstrating a high level of customer service. There will also be opportunity for solutions architecture/design within the role and proposal writing.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reporting to the Group Professional Services Director the role is to be part of the Professional Services engineering team and includes responsibility for providing implementation, support and design assistance for Enterprise client projects
• To ensure the successful delivery of enterprise customer solutions that meet required outcomes and standards
• To document and package delivered solutions adhering to appropriate ITIL and Sure operational/maintenance and provisioning procedures to ensure the reliable managed services type operation of the delivered solutions to meet ongoing customer needs and service levels
• Provision of second line support for network & security technologies
• Working closely with consultants, observe and assist in the service strategy, design, planning and execution of advanced customer facing communication solution projects
• Ensure the service is delivered to agreed budget with the project manager
• Ensure the internal governance process is adhered to at all times
• Communicate clearly to customers the service deliverables, delivery plan and ongoing progress with the assigned Project Manager
• Work with the teams to ensure customer satisfaction levels are exceeded.
• Ensure that Services/Projects are documented and delivered effectively
• Record and store customer meeting notes
• Identify risk areas and communicate these to the team if necessary
• Document projects and file when completed.
• Hand over all necessary documentation to the end customer
• Request training as and when required to assist with the position; Sure provide a training and development platform that you will have full access to as well as manfuacturer training and certifications
• In addition the person will be required to :
• Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the position
• Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position
• Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Sure Safety Policy
• Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies of Sure
• Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities. This awareness training includes understanding of the incident reporting process to be followed in the event of the employee suspecting, causing, or discovering an information security incident.
Due to the nature of this position, the postholder must hold a satisfactory Basic Police Disclosure. All disclosures of a criminal background are treated with the strictest confidence and checks will only be made in connection with suitability for a post and for no other purpose.
Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include dishonesty and those indicating a breach of trust, due to the security requirements of the role.
Please note that disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment in this post – this will depend on the nature of the offence/s and the circumstances surrounding it/them.
THE WAY WE DO THINGS
• We work together as One Team
• We strive for Customer Satisfaction
• We are Reliable
• We have a Passion for Technology & Learning
• We are Community & Sustainability Focused
• Minimum requirement to have Cisco CCNA routing and switching, CCNP is preferred
• A proven experience of implementing and supporting solutions based upon:
o Cisco Switching
o Cisco and Meraki Wireless
o Cisco Routing
• Experience of the following would be advantageous:
o Cisco Security (including ASA, Firepower, ISE, Umbrella, SecureX)
• Possess 3-7 years’ experience implementing and supporting Cisco networking solutions
• Product knowledge covering Cisco and Meraki, experience of Mitel, VMware/ Microsoft Azure would be advantageous
• Passionate commitment to technology, quality, and success
• Have a flexible attitude to work, able to work within teams or to work alone as necessary, with or without direct supervision and trust
• Be able to demonstrate a track record of providing and focusing on customers and customer care, working quickly, efficiently, and accurately
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone, in person or written
• Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems
• Demonstrated high levels of accuracy with excellent time management and organisational skills
• Experience of customer relationships with the confidence and presence to successfully discuss and advise customers
• Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and work with various customers and management levels
• Inspirational Communicator
• Team Player