SystemLabs provide a unique offering on Island by supporting local business with Software development requirements and Infrastructure design and maintenance, optimising public facing web applications and traditional corporate networks.
The position is to be filled in our town based Jersey office, during standard business hours of 8am – 6pm, however some out of hours engagement may be need for projects based on time zones. Candidates must be entitled to work or have 5 year residency.
Due to the nature of the projects we are working on, we require and experienced and driven individual to hit the ground running and start to deliver on business tasks from day one. A typical day could consist of design work on a new backend solution, working on a CMS plugin, building a SaaS product or even working on a blockchain solution!
- Supporting the delivery of application design and client statement of works.
- Assisting with technical pre-sales activities (client meetings, project scoping)
- Ownership of client account and project management.
- Collaborating with other members of the development team to ensuring project milestones are met.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of projects to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for project technical implementation and for 3rd line troubleshooting.
- Ability to support the wider team with projects at times of absence/leave, to meet deadlines or to prevent bottlenecks in project delivery.
- Contribution to service and process & tool improvement.
- Generation of JIRA tickets.
- Willing to integrate as part of a vibrant and proactive business unit.
- Able to clearly communicate on outstanding and completed tasks and sharing knowledge and experiences with the team.
- Self motivated and proactive when working alone or as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Comprehensive understanding of PHP and Laravel Framework.
- Knowledge of Craft3 CMS and/or the Yii framework preferred but not essential.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and schema design (MySQL)
- Knowledge of common cloud platforms such as AWS/Azure/DigitalOcean
- Good understanding of general computer science concepts
- Clear understanding of core protocols related to web application delivery (HTTP/DNS/IP)
- Ability to pick up a new code base and implement change quickly
- Salary based on experience
- Private Health Care
- Gym membership contribution
- Free hair cut once a month