The Academy is open with appropriate Physical Distancing and Health & Safety measure in place. If you are concerned or would prefer to complete the course remotely please email mention this in your application, or email us using the details at the bottom of the page.
Programme Director Ben Clarke
- Thursday 25th June
- Thursday 2nd July
- Thursday 9th July
- Thursday 16th July
- Thursday 23rd July
- Thursday 30th July
Week 1: Introduction
Basic web pages
- The skeleton for every web page on the Internet, as well as fundamental HTML elements like headings, paragraphs, lists, etc.
- Links and images
- Linking to other pages, referring to them with absolute, relative, and root-relative paths, embedding images, and finishing touches to our basic web page skeleton.
Week 2: Introduction to CSS
- Connecting a stylesheet, styling HTML elements with all sorts of CSS properties, selecting different elements, and reusing styles across multiple web pages.
- The box model
- Block boxes, inline boxes, padding, borders, margins, dimensions, and an introduction to how beautiful websites are built up with boxes.
Week 3: CSS selectors
- Class selectors, descendant selectors, more useful <div>’s, styling links with pseudo-classes, and why ID selectors are a bad idea.
- Introduction to CSS float-based layouts, controlling the horizontal flow of the page, clearing floats, and hiding overflow.
Week 4: Advanced positioning
- Static, relative, absolute, and fixed positioning, dropdown menus, the z-index, and other fancy CSS that’ll make you feel real smart.
Week 5: Semantic HTML
- The document outline, articles, sections, navs, headers, footers, asides, figures, and other ways to make your HTML markup more informative.
Week 6: Forms
- Frontend forms: the HTML for creating text fields, radio buttons, dropdown menus, checkboxes, and buttons, as well as the CSS for styling all of them.