‘The Meeting of the Minds’ Unconference
Following in the footsteps of the Island Innovators Unconference held in April 2014, Digital Jersey is delighted to announce that we will be holding a mini unconference on the 5th & 6th September at the Digital Jersey Hub.
The unconference is designed to develop relationships between the creative thinkers and digital leaders on the island. The day will be all about recognising the strong creative sector in Jersey and bringing the creative and digital sectors together to inspire, create opportunities and work together.
An unconference has few rules - firstly the agenda is set by the participants; secondly, everyone is encouraged to participate as the content will be generated by the group; thirdly, we ask for commitment for the full event with no dropping in and out. For an unconference to work, we must all be ‘in it’ together.
Attendees will challenge the current thinking and encourage debate, discussion, interaction and creativity in a way not normally possible in a normal conference.
- Graham Daldry - Creative Director at Specsavers: Graham is the creator of the iconic Specsavers strapline, “Should’ve gone to Specsavers” and has been responsible for the UK’s longest-lived advertising campaign since its inception in 2002.
- Andreas Stadler, (Metamind) is a Generalist, maker and technology visionary. Working in San Francisco and Berlin, blending science, technology, and art, he has helped to shape the ‘citizenscience’ scene and actively mentors individuals in the start-up/accelerator systems.
Friday 5th September (6 - 9pm)
- Welcome evening
- Rules and format
- Meet and greet
- Workshop allocations
Saturday 6th September (8:30am – 9pm)
- 09:00 - MetaMind's Talk
- 10:00 - Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 10:55 - Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 11.45 - Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 12:40 - Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 13:20 - Lunch
- 14:00 - Graham Daldry's Talk
- 15:00 - The Minds Meeting Creative Activity – Collaborative problem sharing to develop a valuable idea for Jersey
- 17:00 - The Big Pitch
- 18:00 - Dinner and drinks
- 19:30 - The Big Pitch
To keep up to date with news and information relating to the event the event specific hashtag is #DJMINDS14
Workshop idea? Contact: email@example.com