Channel Islands Security Conference 2014: From Cyber Threat to Opportunity
Stephen Bonner, Fred Piper, Chris Evans, Paul Dutot, Helen Hatton & Alan Merry
The Channel Islands Information Security Forum (CIISF) are giving business leaders and security professionals an opportunity on 30 May 2014 to address the cyber security agenda with world-renowned security experts at the Royal Yacht Hotel in St Helier, Jersey.
The Channel Islands Information Security Forum (CIISF) exists to promote understanding of information security, cyber security and privacy, and work towards a global centre of excellence in the islands.
Lunch & Headline Conference 12-4.30pm
Headlining some of the leading names in security, join us for informative and engaging seminars and debate on how to respond to the cybersecurity challenge.
The event will help both business leaders and security professionals understand the rapidly changing cyber security threat landscape, and provide practical tools and insights to help you respond successfully.
Combining leading UK speakers with local insights, this one-day event is your opportunity to gain the advantage and learn how to respond wisely and positively to a complex challenge.
Who should attend?
Cyber security is one of the highest profile topics on today's board agendas. However, without the right insights both business leaders and professionals can find developing the right response to be an insurmountable task.
This event will provide the essential tools for:
- Executives and business decision makers looking to develop a strong strategic response to today's security threats
- Non-executive leaders seeking to understand the security environment and it's implications
- Operational managers and risk/compliance professionals seeking to respond to security challenges
- IT professionals seeking to improve knowledge and understand security in a business context
- Security professionals seeking to improve skills and apply them to support their organisation
The afternoon headline conference session will bring our keynote speakers to focus on the business challenge of security, whilst the morning seminar will provide professionals with the skills and understanding to deliver. Attendance is free of charge and includes a up to 5 hours verified CPD.
09.30 - 12.00: Morning technical security seminar
09.30 - 09.45: Welcome & Introduction
09.45 - 10.45: Experience practical cyber defence with Paul Dutot
10.45 - 12.00: Understand and apply cryptography with Professor Fred Piper
12.00 - 13.00: Hot lunch @ the Royal Yacht, conference registration & open networking / discussion
13.00 - 16.30: Headline Conference Session
13.00 - 13.15: Welcome & official launch of the Channel Islands Information Security Forum
13.15 - 14.00: Understand how to respond to today's cyber threats with Stephen Bonner
14.00 - 14.45: Obtain the Channel Islands context with Chris Evans
15.15 - 16.15: Discussion led by our expert panel:
- How can you turn security into business advantage?
- What do we need to do differently to deliver trust and confidence in a networked, digital age?
- How do we position the Channel Islands as a location of choice for critical data?
Bar and networking from 16.30