I am a scientist and data analyst looking for work in Jersey. I have previously worked as a Postdoctoral Researcher at universities in the UK and Canada on a wide range of projects. I have been coding in MATLAB for over a decade and have now been using Python for a couple of years.
I have a numerate background and am competent in data statistics. I enjoy processing and visualising data, e.g. spatial data and time series data. I am a strong believer in automating and documenting work.
I am ideally looking to do fulfilling work that contributes towards society. I look forward to hearing from anyone who might be able to use my skillset.
Name: Richard Sims
Email: [email protected]
University of Exeter
- Employed to work on a number of grants for the European Space Agency (ESA) https://esa-oceansoda.org/ and https://www.maxss.org/About
University of Calgary
- Employed to assist on a number of projects in the Canadian Arctic
- PhD in the Marine Carbon Cycle - Plymouth Marine Laboratory and the University of Exeter; 2013-2018
- MSci Climate Science - University of East Anglia; 2009-2013
- A-levels - 4 B's at A2 in Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Geography