Posted Wednesday 16th March 2016
Security and Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the engineering provision, design, development, management and maintenance of Sure internal Firewalls, ISP systems, platforms and networks. The postholder will propose and develop appropriate operational / maintenance and provisioning procedures to ensure the reliability of the above systems to meet both internal and external customer needs and service levels.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Principal Accountabilities Specifically but not restricted to:-
• Operation, maintenance, provision & management of Sure Firewall Estate.
• Design, operation, maintenance, provision & management of Sure ISP systems including DNS, Web Hosting and Broadband authentication services.
• To assist in the design and controlled implementation of key security aspects for Sure networks and systems.
• Planning and evaluation of Security related solutions / technologies.
• Providing assistance to the Sure management team as required for the preparation of performance, growth and budgeting information.
• To take a fully active role in the standby and call out scheme with a contractual obligation to provide call out cover.
• To work off-Island when required to do so.
• To be aware of performance standards for the group.
• To undertake supervision and co-ordination of other team members (when appropriate), consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors working on networks/systems that the team have responsibility for.
• To attain and maintain at least one relevant technical professional qualification. For example: Checkpoint CCSE
In addition the person will be required to:
• Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the position.
• Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position.
• Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Sure Safety Policy.
• Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies of Sure.
• Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities. This awareness training includes understanding of the incident reporting process to be followed in the event of the employee suspecting, causing, or discovering an information security incident. Contacts: Contact will be made with all areas of the business. Particular emphasis on the entire operational and engineering team, IP Support, NOC, product/sales team and service management. Regular contact is required with technology vendors, suppliers and customers of all types.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• High level qualification in computer science or related field is desirable but not essential.
• Professional Checkpoint accreditation is desirable but not essential.
• Strong proven Firewall technical knowledge is essential.
• Experience in designing, developing, managing and supporting Firewall systems is essential. Checkpoint product experience preferred.
• Experience in Customer Service is essential.
• Experience of Unix/Linux operating systems are desirable.
• Experience with Web hosting and DNS is desirable.
• Experience configuring and maintaining stateful packet inspection or UTM Firewalls, Checkpoint experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff at all levels.
• Experience with Radius for authentication and accounting
• Experience operating Unix/Linux environments
• Experience installing and supporting SQL server environments
• Experience administering DNS servers, BIND environments preferred
• Experience supporting VMWare and Veeam
• Experience of ISO27001 security practices
• A current driving licence
• Ability to produce accurate, good quality work.
• Demonstrate an interest in current and future technology
• Strong customer focus with high standards of customer care. Smart appearance and ability to promote the Sure progressive image.
• Self motivated with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Flexible attitude with enthusiastic and spirited approach to tasks associated with the job.
• Willing to work unsociable hours both as part of the standby scheme and for scheduled maintenance Due to the nature of this position, the postholder must hold a satisfactory Basic Police Disclosure. All disclosures of a criminal background are treated with the strictest confidence and checks will only be made in connection with suitability for a post and for no other purpose. Convictions likely to be considered relevant to this post include dishonesty and those indicating a breach of trust, due to the security requirements of the role. Please note that disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from employment in this post – this will depend on the nature of the offence/s and the circumstances surrounding it/them.
Please sned your CV's to : firstname.lastname@example.org