Terms and Conditions
If you have any queries regarding these Terms and Conditions, please contact Digital Jersey.
By signing up to Digital Jersey membership, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Digital Jersey reserves the right to update, amend and/or change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to members.
- Membership is non-transferable, non-refundable, and may not be resold.
- Members will act at all times in accordance with the principles of professional and ethical conduct established therein.
- Membership is an annual membership and shall run for a period of twelve months and will be renewed on an annual basis.
- Membership fees can be paid annually or monthly. If a member wishes to pay annually, payment must be received within 14 days of your renewal notice from Digital Jersey. If a member wishes to pay monthly, payment must be received by the 1st of each month. If payment is not received, membership will be terminated and penalty fees will apply which is subject to Digital Jerseys discretion.
- If members wish to cancel their membership, they must do so by writing to Digital Jersey one month in advance and by the 1st of the month. Digital Jersey does not offer any refunds for paid membership.
- Digital Jersey may terminate membership for cause at any time. A member who conducts him or herself in an unbecoming manner on the premises, who fails to pay dues and charges, or violates any term of this agreement, may be suspended from membership.
- Membership is activated once an online form and payment has been received. Member benefits will not be available until payment has been received.
- If member circumstances or contact details change, members are responsible for informing Digital Jersey so that we can update our records.
As a member of Digital Jersey, this grants you access to the Digital Jersey Hub.
“User” – means the person bound by these terms and conditions;
“User Contacts”- means employees, agents, contractors and sub-contractors of User;
“Visitors” – means guests of User attending the Hub.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Digital Jersey will provide to Users certain services (including but not limited to use of office space, access to Internet and use of certain office equipment) all of which will be subject to the following Terms and Conditions). Digital Jersey reserves the right to update, amend and/or change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to User.
2. DESCRIPTION OF FACILITIES
Digital Jersey may provide the User with access to work stations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other facilities as Digital Jersey may provide from time to time (collectively “Facilities”) all located at Block 3, The Forum, Grenville Street (the “Premises”). The Facilities at all times are subject to the Terms and Conditions.
3. USE OF FACILITIES
As of April 2014.
- The premises are to be used solely for office purposes
- You must not live or permit anyone to live in the Premises
- You must not conduct any auction, fire or bankruptcy sale on the Premises
- You must not bring anything or do anything that may increase insurance premiums for the Premises
- You must not interfere with any drains, water supply, gas, electrical plumbing or any other services contained in the Premises or the toilets
- You must not bring upon any explosive or flammable or corrosive fluids or chemicals onto the Premises
- You must not erect or place any equipment that is likely to provide a noise level which may be seen as unreasonable by other co-workers in the Premises or occupiers of adjourning premises
- You must not do anything upon the Premises that may be offensive or be a nuisance to any person in or near the building
- You must not accumulate or allow any accumulation of rubbish or property on the Premises
- You must not put up any partitions or alterations or make any alterations or additions to the Premises without first obtaining our written consent
- You must not use trolleys or vehicles which may cause injury to floors in the building and the Premises
- You must not install or connect heaters, hot water systems, air- conditioners, telephones, electronic surveillance equipment and communication equipment on the Premises
- You will be required to bring your own device which can be plugged in for power within the Premises and you will be provided access to Wi-Fi
- You will be required to bring your own telephone device as landline telephones are not provided within the Premises
- You must ensure that floors and walls and pillars are not broken or strained by overloading of floors
- You must not obstruct or prevent the use of others of any of the common areas including not placing any goods for a long period of time in common areas
- You must not lend keys or give codes to anyone; allow a non-member to use the space unless accompanied by a User; be responsible for your guests’ actions at all times
- You must use the toilets and conveniences on the Premises only for the purpose they were built for
- You must not bring pets into the Premises
- You must not bring bicycles into the Premises
- You must not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- You must not use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party
- You must inform us of any accidents or defects in the water pipes, electrical wiring or any of the fittings within the Premises
- You must keep and maintain in good and substantial working order all personal machinery, plants, equipments and furnishings
- You must ensure that all the doors and windows on the Premises are locked and fastened when the Premises are not being used
- You must comply with all by-laws, rules and regulations which the owners corporation or the owner of the building may make from time to time especially in relation to the common areas
- You must comply with any insurance, sprinkler and fire alarm regulations
- You agree that from time to time your desk may be used for events. You will be emailed in advance of the dates and nature of these events. All due care will be made to protect your property from damage or theft but you are ultimately responsible for any such loss or damage within the Premises
- You agree that Digital Jersey Limited may re-assign you to another desk at any time with one week notice
- You agree not to sleep in the office
- You must comply with the meeting rooms etiquette, which is that all bookings are made through a central booking system, details will be provided
- You must ensure that your allocated space within the Premises is used by those stated within your user agreement with Digital Jersey.
4. NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of User use of the Facilities, the User will not use the Facilities for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. The User may not use the Facilities in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Digital Jersey network(s) or Wi-Fi, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Facilities. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any Facilities, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Digital Jersey Hub server or to any of the Facilities, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Facilities.
5. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
Digital Jersey reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about Users, their participation in and use of the Facilities as Digital Jersey deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Digital Jersey’s sole discretion.
6. PARTICIPATION IN OR USE OF FACILITIES
User acknowledges that it is participating in or using the Facilities at their own free will and decision. User acknowledges that Digital Jersey does not have any liability with respect to its access, participation in, use of the Facilities, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
Digital Jersey reserves the right to terminate any Facility at any time. Digital Jersey further reserves the right to terminate User participation in and use of any Facilities, immediately and without notice, if User fails to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
It is not required but strongly recommended that Users take out an insurance policy to cover equipment whilst using the Premises.
User will indemnify Digital Jersey, its officers, directors and employees against all claims actions, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses (including legal expenses) suffered or incurred by Digital Jersey from:
(a) any damage caused to Digital Jersey to the Hub by User, User Contacts or Visitors;
(b) any loss or theft or damage to any property, goods, equipment placed, deposited, brought into or left in the Hub by User, User Contacts or visitors; and
(c) any personnel injury or death caused by User, User Contacts or visitors.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Nothing in this Agreement will exclude or limit either party’s liability:
a) for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence or the negligence of its employees or agents
b) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
c) for breach of any implied condition as to title or quiet enjoyment; or under the indemnity in clause 10.
Subject to clause 11, neither party will be liable under this Agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise):
For any special, indirect or consequential losses (whether or not those losses were within the contemplation of the parties at the date of this agreement) suffered or incurred by the other party; or
For any loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, or loss of brand or reputation value.
Subject to clause 11, each party’s total aggregate liability under this Agreement (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) will be limited to £2,000,000.
Digital Jersey is not responsible for damage or theft of anything belonging to User, User Contacts and Visitors unless caused by Digital Jersey’s negligence.
11. AGREEMENT AS A USER
This Agreement constitutes a License to use the Premises in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and not in any way constitutes a lease or sub-lease.
12. USE OF THE PREMISES
User understands other persons and entities will have access to the Premises and therefore User shall not interfere with other persons or entities use of the Premises. User understands that User shall not have the permanent use of any space in the Premises except under written agreement with Digital Jersey.
Keys and access cards issued to Users remain the property of Digital Jersey and must be returned upon cancellation of membership. We do not charge for lost access cards but charges will apply for lost keys.
14. USE OF HUB CALENDAR
Users are responsible for making their own room bookings in the Hub. Log in details are provided once an application form and payment has been recieved. Users must abide by the following:
1) No re-occuring meetings or events in the calendar can be set up unless approved by Digital Jersey
2) No amending or editing of other User's bookings or events is allowed
3) Each booking should state the full name of the User, so that they can be contacted if necessary
15. HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Toilets are located near the front entrance of the building on the right hand side as you enter the Hub. For large events or excess capacity, there are additional toilet facilities in the foyer of Forum 3 Building, which can be accessed through the back door of the Hub or front entrance to Forum 3 Building.
IN CASE OF FIRE
Actions on detecting a fire:
- Operate the alarm system by using any of the alarm points (there is one located in the support zone; entrance to the toilets and in the foyer of Forum 3)
- Shout “Fire” to emphasise that it is not a false alarm
- If the fire is a small one, and a fire extinguisher suitable for that kind of fire is available, you may attempt to extinguish the fire, following the instructions printed on the fire extinguisher. However, take care not to endanger yourself or others in doing so (Fire extinguishers are found at the front and back entrance to the Hub)
- Exit the building by the nearest available exit and go to the assembly point (La Chasse)
- At the first opportunity, report details of the fire to a member of Digital Jersey
Actions on hearing the fire alarm:
(The fire alarm is a continuous ringing)
- Alert anyone who may not have heard the alarm
- Leave the building by one of the fire exits
- This will normally be the nearest exit, unless there are signs of a fire along that route (for example smoke, visable flames, or a door being hot to touch)
- Assist anyone who has difficulty in leaving and gather at the assembly point
The correct fire exits are:
- From the Co-working zone, out of the back entrance of the Hub and then immediately left out the back entrance of Forum 3 building, then cross the road to La Chasse
- From the Break-out area and Skills zone, out the front entrance of the Hub, turn left and left again onto La Chasse road
- Please familiarise yourself with all fire exits. The assembly point is at La Chasse.
A first aid box is available in the support zone, located in the far left corner. Please report all incidents to any member of Digital Jersey as soon as you can. If a person is ill or requires emergency medical attention, call 999.
SLIPS, TRIPS & FALLS
In a busy environment it is particularly important to keep trip hazards to a minimum
- It is important to keep space and activity areas tidy
- Please keep an eye out for rubbish. If you see rubbish on the floor please pick it up and dispose of it
- If you find a bin which is full or overflowing, please inform a member of Digital Jersey
- Check cables are not trip hazards
IF YOU ARE LAST OUT
If you are the last person leaving the Hub, first of all check that you really are! There might be someone in the toilet or another area in the Hub. Then:
- Turn out all the lights via the small, black portable remote located in the Break-out area
- Make sure that the front door fully closes behind you
No more than 150 people should be in the Hub at any one time.
- You must ensure that any item(s) and accompanying documents delivered to Digital Jersey’s Hub are properly marked with your name, company name and any instructions for special handling to ensure safe delivery to you.
- You are responsible for all charges, including postage, customs and duties and possible surcharges related to your delivered item(s).
- You must ensure that you collect your item(s) within 5 working days of notification from Digital Jersey or Digital Jersey reserves the right to dispose of your item(s). Special circumstances, which may include sickness or holiday, must be communicated to Digital Jersey in advance.
- There are some items which Digital Jersey is unable to accept for legal or health and safety reasons. You are responsible for checking whether or not an item is prohibited or restricted, as defined by Jersey Post “Dangerous Goods” booklet (www.jerseypost.com). If you send prohibited or restricted goods, Digital Jersey may deal with your item(s) as we see fit, including but not limited to, disposing of the item(s) concerned (whole or in part).
Digital Jersey Obligations:
- Digital Jersey is not liable if a delivery is lost, misdelivered, damaged or delayed because of circumstances beyond our control.
- Digital Jersey reserves the right to open and refuse any item(s) and accompanying documents delivered to Digital Jersey’s Hub, in the event that any item(s) are considered suspicious or dangerous.
- Digital Jersey will ensure that any item(s) and accompanying documents delivered to Digital Jersey’s Hub will be stored safely.
- Digital Jersey does not offer a mail forwarding service.
USE OF LOGO
You may only use the Digital Jersey logo if:
(a) You are currently an agreed 'co-sponsor' of Digital Jersey Limited.
If you do not meet both of the requirements (a&b above), you may not use the Digital Jersey logo.
- The logo may not be revised or altered in any way, and must be displayed in the same form as produced in the brand guidelines.
- Members must be honest and professional when using the Digital Jersey logo.
- The Digital Jersey logo is not to be used in any marketing materials unless in partnership with Digital Jersey.
- The Digital Jersey logo may only be used in a professional manner on member's literature, again, only if you are in partnership.
- The Digital Jersey logo may not be used in any manner that discredits or is false and misleading of Digital Jersey.
- You accept that Digital Jersey is the owner of the copyright and trademark rights in the logo.
- You must not alter or obscure the copyright and trademark notice within the logo.
- Digital Jersey reserves the right to request samples of use of the logo in order to determine compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- When your membership is terminated, the right to use the logo ends immediately and you shall not use any type or description under or by reference to the logo.
LISTING ON THE WEBSITE
When submitting information to our website you should do so in accordance with the following:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language
- Your posting may not contain content that is intended to promote or incite violence
- You must not impersonate other people or businesses
- Your listing may not contain content that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist, or racist
- Your listing should be honest and fair, should not make any unsubstantiated or unsupportable claims, and should not make dishonest or unreasonable comparisons with other businesses
- Your listing must be placed in the appropriate category.
FORCE MAJEURE (tHINGS OUT OF OUR CONTROL)
We understand that sometimes events happen that are out of our control and that such events could stop either you or us from meeting our mutual expectations. This may include things such as strikes, accidents, fire, or the delay or failure in manufacture, production or supply by third parties of equipment or services. In such cases, we (you and us) both agree that the other party will not be liable for any delay or failure to meet its expectations. We both agree that we will endeavour to meet our expectations as soon as possible following the event occurring.
Digital Jersey have installed CCTV equipment around premises for the following reasons:
- To protect the safety of Users of the Hub, Digital Jersey employee's and Digital Jersey third party contractors
- To monitor the security of our premises and equipment
- To investigate, prevent and detect crime
- To apprehend (and, where necessary, be used in the prosecution of) criminals.
The equipment is properly maintained so as to be effective in carrying out these purposes.
WHAT WE CAPTURE
The CCTV equipment is situated in a manner which ensures that it only monitors those spaces which are intended to be covered by the equipment for the purposes listed above. The equipment will not capture images for any other purpose.
USE OF CCTV IMAGES
The footage recorded by our CCTV equipment will only be used insofar as it relates to the purposes highlighted above.
Access to recorded images is restricted to Digital Jersey executive team and/or designated members of staff who will decide whether to allow requests for access by third parties in accordance with Digital Jersey’s internal disclosure policies, the Data Protection Commissioner’s Code of Practice on the Use of CCTV and the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.
Authorised staff have been trained to follow suitable procedures that comply with the law and the relevant code of practice when accessing, viewing and disclosing CCTV images captured by our equipment.
Monitors displaying images from areas in which individuals would have an expectation of privacy will not be viewed by anyone other than authorised employees and for the purposes listed above.
Our CCTV equipment will not be used to record conversations between Users of the Hub.
RETENTION OF CCTV IMAGES
Images will not be retained for longer than is necessary. Ordinarily, we shall retain CCTV footage for a period of  days but, where necessary, we reserve the right to retain such footage for as long as is needed to carry out the purposes listed above. Once the retention period has passed, the images shall be removed or erased.