This course will give you a detailed understanding of:
- Data Subject Access requests and exemptions
- Data Breach policies and response
- The role of the Supervisory Authorities, their powers and sanctions
- Data Protection Impact Assessments, when they are needed and how to do them
The laws covered will be
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data Protection(Jersey) Law 2018
- DPA2018 (UK)
Any differences between the laws will be pointed out and explained
We start with a very brief recap of the GDPR, its Principles, Data Subject Rights, Data transfers and general compliance.
This is a two-day course packed with information to give you a real practical approach to Data Protection compliance.
Once the course is completed, you will:
- Understand the context of GDPR amongst EU law.
- Understand the consequences of non-compliance with the GDPR.
- Understand the main legislation dealing with data breaches.
- Understand the Data Protection Act 2018 exemptions and your role.
- The role of DPO in upholding data subject’s rights, in particular – confidentiality
- The role & authority of the ICO
- GDPR principles and the role of the DPO in enforcing them.
- A roadmap to compliance and demonstrating compliance
- The key GDPR principles of Subject Access
- The legislative framework
- Key court cases affecting DSARs
- What is a reasonable search for data
- What is Personal Data?
- Filing systems
- Manual Filing systems
- Exemptions – when to use them
- Refusing a DSAR
- Meaning of – Manifestly unfounded, excessive and reasonable period
- What to do if we refuse a DSAR
- Exemptions you can use
- How to handle a DSAR
- Give you an understanding of the ethical and legal drivers behind Data breaches & GDPR.
- Give you an insight into the principles behind GDPR.
- Allow you to understand what a Data Breach is.
- Make you aware of the process of determining when, who and why a Data Breach has occurred.
- Teach you how to handle a Data Breach.
- Identify the main benefits and components of a data breach policy.
- Understand the procedure for dealing with a data breach.
- Understand the data collected and the demonstration of compliance by using the Propelfwd Data Breach Policy.
- Role of the Supervisory Authority and Enforcement
- Data Protection Impact Assessments
After each main topic there, is a short exam with a required pass mark of 60%.
This course will give you the knowledge and practical skills required to be an effective team member of any data privacy compliance department.