Join us as we take a closer look at the growing requirements for data sovereignty. With the rising popularity of cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, data sovereignty issues have become a greater focus and risk for Boards and Compliance Professionals. Data sovereignty is a country-specific requirement that data is subject to the laws of the country in which it is collected or processed and must remain within its borders.
Presented by Mel Pardoe, this session will cover:
· An overview of why data sovereignty is increasingly important
· Looking at the different approaches across various jurisdictions
· A discussion of the differences between data residency and data sovereignty
· The relationship between data sovereignty, GDPR and the cloud
· How the big players (Google, Microsoft and AWS) have addressed these issues
· Jersey specific factors