We have a great deal to be proud of with our achievements from 2019. However, we’ve highlighted the top achievements below.
Top 10 2019 Highlights:
- After running at capacity for some time, we secured additional Government funding to expand the DJ Hub in St Helier, taking space in the next door building, growing desk and event space and creating additional meeting rooms, and small offices for our increasing membership.
- To deliver on our Digital Skills Strategy we secured additional Government funding to open the Digital Jersey Academy and launch the Digital Leadership programme – a course tailored for the modern workplace. The first full time level 6 degree level diploma and cohort of part-time students started in September. Meanwhile, we continued with our successful DJ Coding and Digital Marketing courses.
- The new IoT Hub DJX opened in Red Houses providing workshop and research space for local businesses and our Sandbox Jersey initiative
- We officially launched Sandbox Jersey at TechUK in London and received significant interest.
- We grew membership for the fourth consecutive year and continued to support digital businesses from start-ups to scale-ups with initiatives such as a new Mentor scheme and we continue to support work permission and business licence applications.
- As part of our Sandbox initiative we combined efforts with the University of Glasgow and commenced a long-term IoT project to develop advanced sustainable agricultural techniques to enhance the effectiveness of farming technology globally.
- Reached a business development agreement with the Bahrain Economic Development Board, to promote fintech business and talent on both sides.
- Commenced the world’s first jurisdiction-wide air quality monitoring mesh, in collaboration with a private business making use of our Sandbox initiative.
- Launched the Digital Jersey Ambassador programme utilising our successful entrepreneurs as global advocates for Jersey. We received a record number of entries and attendees at the Tech Awards and DJ won Digital Brand of the Year at the CityWealth Awards.