+44 1534 514 000
We know how important intellectual property is, particularly to technology and digital businesses. Members of our cross-jurisdictional team have combined experience of over 30 years in this specialist area, having worked with tech and digital start-ups, SMEs and multinational corporations since before the dot.com boom of the early 2000’s. We understand the regulatory, legal and commercial issues that affect clients in this industry, and we know how to cut through the complexity to drive value to the businesses we represent.
Our services include:
- Day one: structuring and setting up your business in a tax efficient manner, moving an existing business, staff and family offshore, preparing contracts for directors and employees, and buying, selling or leasing commercial and residential property.
- Intellectual property: exploiting and protecting the value of your intellectual property through registration, ownership and licensing, and supporting you in all types of disputes, including infringement and passing off actions.
- Government and regulation: obtaining the necessary licences and consents, such as business, housing and work licences, to operate in our jurisdictions, and dealing with immigration matters.
- Investment: structuring and advising you on getting new debt and equity investment into your business, including joint venture and shareholder arrangements.
- Transactions: negotiating and finalising bank financing arrangements and business acquisitions and disposals.
- Listing: listing your business on one of the world’s stock exchanges, from New York and Toronto, to London, Stockholm, Amsterdam or Hong Kong.
Members of our team regularly speak at and attend industry events and are well versed in the opportunities and challenges presented by developments in this space. We are committed to help shape and enable Jersey’s digital industry and we particularly support and encourage appropriately regulated growth in fast-moving areas such as fintech, digital health and e-gaming.
Most importantly, we recognise the potential that technology offers not only to digital businesses but also to those in more established industries who are challenged to change and evolve their traditional business models. We work with those operating in the digital sector itself at all levels of their development, and also with businesses that are being enhanced or disrupted by innovative technologies.