Join us at the Digital Jersey Hub for the ‘Electronic Document Management Service & Digital Asset Solution’ Procurement Briefing. It’s an opportunity for potential Jersey based suppliers to learn about this strategic project and the procurement process.
Please email [email protected] to RSVP or ask any questions about the project. Lunch will also be provided. Please see information on the project below.
Objective and Aims
The over-arching objective for document and digital assets management in the Government of Jersey is to deliver:
A centralised pan-Government digital asset capability, EDMS. This will feature department-specific configuration of functionality which is compliant with data and technology policies and standards.
The key aims are for:
1. The majority of GoJ activities to be ‘paperlight’ by 2027 through multiple sequential projects digitising the physical assets.
2. Users to have willingly embraced the technology and have access to documents via their line of business applications.
3. Physical storage space to be released.
4. Compliance with the Data Protection Law (Jersey) and the governance requirements of the Corporate Data and Information Department of GoJ.
5. Destruction of paper records in a manner which positively impact the Island’s sustainability targets.
EDMS Project Deliverables
GoJ have appointed an EDMS project team. This group will oversee and support the primary Transformation Partner in the delivery of:
- A scanning bureau, that will undertake for all Government Departments:
- Scanning of historical archive documents;
- Post-scan despatch of documents to ‘cool off’ store, deep store, destruction, or the Jersey Archive;
- A BAU scanning service of paper documents that are produced that require retention;
- A digital store, with appropriate governance and universal integration capability;
- A viewer tool that enables users to access appropriate files in line of business protocols;
- Change management, including training to facilitate changes in business process and install local forward scanning facilities; and
- A software development capability for interfacing etc.