Continue your learning with this in depth course, covering the major elements of data protection and GDPR.
This course will give you a detailed understanding of:
- Data Subject Access requests and exemptions
- Data Breach policies and response
- The role of the Supervisory Authorities, their powers and sanctions
- Data Protection Impact Assessments, when they are needed and how to do them.
The laws covered will be:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data Protection(Jersey) Law 2018
- DPA2018 (UK)
Any differences between the laws will be pointed out and explained
We start with a very brief recap of the GDPR, Principles, Data Subject Rights, Data transfers and general compliance.
This is a two day course, packed with information to give you a real practical approach to Data Protection compliance.
Once the course is completed you will:
- Understanding the ethical and legal drivers behind GDPR & Data Protection and your role as a Subject Access practitioner.
- Knowledge of the statute & case case, guidance and exemptions that exist in processing a subject access request.
- How to develop an Individual rights policy for your organisation.
- Know how to use tools and templates to support your work.
- Have tools to develop an action plan for you to undertake your role as a practitioner.
- Understand the ethical and legal drivers behind Data Breach & GDPR
- Gain an insight to the principles behind GDPR
- Gives you an understanding what a Data Breach is
- Make you aware of the process of determining when, who and why a Data Breach has occurred.
- Know how to handle a Data Breach
- Understand the Role of a Supervisory Authority
- Know what investigative, Corrective and Enforcement powers they have
- Know what Advice you can get from the Supervisory Authority
- Know what a notice of intent is
- Understand administrative fines
- Understand the need for a DPIA.
- The Role of the DPO is the process
- Undertake a DPIA and critically assess a DPIA.
This course will give you the knowledge and practical skills required to be an effective team member of any data privacy compliance department.