Our 2018 Annual Review is split into three major sectors of our operation; Digital Industry, Digital Society and Off-island Reach. All three sectors experienced excellent growth and exceeded targets set out from the beginning of the year. A snapshot of these highlights is as follows:
- 40 new small and large businesses into Digital Jersey Hub memberships – 24% above the target KPI.
- Saw 13 firms gain business licenses from the Start-up scheme – 8.3% above the target KPI.
- Ran two digital marketing courses which were passed by 55 students – against a target KPI of 12, with a 90% pass rate.
- Digital Jersey ran a full week of technology events including an IoT Hackathon, 3 conferences (IoT, Digital Health & Fintech) and a Digital section of
the Skills Show – known as Jersey TechWeek, which attracted 3,800 attendees.
- Launched Sandbox Jersey – an offering for companies to develop, test and launch new and innovative products, without the high cost and complex legal, government
and regulatory barriers they would face in other cities or markets such as London.