Entitled / Registered
Sunday 10th January 2021
What You’ll Do
- Help deliver reliable web experiences that delight visitors and our clients
- Write custom WordPress themes and plugins based on custom architectures and designs
- Avoid ‘off-the-shelf’ WordPress themes and page builder plugins
- Craft web experiences that are performant and user-centred
- Help contribute to the broader team on front-end best practices, tooling, monitoring, debugging
- Deliver projects alongside other highly experienced developers, designers, developers, digital marketers and client success teams
- Support, maintain and enhance our clients’ websites that run on WordPress on recommend pragmatic solutions to feature requests and briefs
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3+ years of agency or commercially equivalent experience and have:
- Strong experience of PHP, WordPress and MySQL (including creating custom WordPress themes and plugins)
- Experience with ACF and flexible content fields advantageous
- Strong experience of developing responsive/mobile-first websites
- Knowledge of the command line and remote server management, using FTP/SSH to manage files
- Knowledge of modern workflow tools advantageous such as Git, Sass, Node.js/NPM
- Knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure & Google Cloud
- Solid understanding of web performance (bundling, lazy-loading, fonts loading, caching strategies, web infrastructure)
- Follow and implement SEO and Accessibility best-practices
- Proven results and experience, accompanied by positive examples of web development work
- A business mindset when delivering work: someone that recognises when to pursue technical perfection against when to prioritise business and customer value
- Experience in SVGs manipulation and CSS animations
- Experience building APIs using PHP frameworks advantageous
- Experience and a real passion for UX with an understanding of how this impacts client marketing and business goals
- Experience with other PHP-based CMS highly advantageous
- Experience working with a project team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive nature and positive attitude
What We Offer
- A vibrant and passionate team of like-minded individuals.
In-house training and always-on support.
- Office perks include: freshly ground coffee on demand, team lunch and Friday bacon rolls, gaming consoles, and regular social events.
- Benefits include: competitive salary and holiday allowance that fairly recognises your experience and potential, professional training, indefinite full time role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that it takes a truly diverse workforce to create industry-leading experiences that inspire. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If you are passionate about development and are looking for a great opportunity to progress in your career, submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Switch Digital
Switch is Jersey’s leading creative digital agency. We have a strong history of creating engaging brands, websites and campaigns, using creative web technologies and intelligent digital marketing.