Tickets for TEDxStHelier 2015 have gone on sale. TEDxStHelier takes place on Saturday 6th June 2015 at Hautlieu, between 0830 and 1700.
TEDxStHelier is an independently organized TED event, in the spirit of TED itself; taking a multidisciplinary approach to focus on the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world.
TEDxStHelier features an impressive and diverse group of speakers including:
- Professor Russell Cowburn, a Professor of Experimental Physics at the University of Cambridge presents nanotechnology and discusses the ethics and theology of new technology.
- Megan Leckie, Co-Founder of BlockBuilders who use Digital Technology to engage young people within their communities makes the link between giving young people the opportunity to voice their ideas to young people growing up with the confidence to make a difference in their communities.
- Rory Steel, Assistant Head teacher – Technology and Curriculum at Beaulieu Convent School aims to be at the forefront of technological integration in education.
- Deanna Rodger, a distinguished poet, actor, teacher of poetry at Brunel University and co-founder of two notable spoken word events.
- Dr Andrea Pennington, a prominent integrative medicine doctor who specializes in longevity, mind-body medicine and positive psychology.
- Garry Stern, Director of EBC Think Limited a company that specialises in advising businesses on Change and Operations. Garry's focus has been on understanding and addressing the changing dynamics of knowledge and wisdom in organisations by developing a culture of life long learning and capability, through leadership and engagement.
- Joe Dickinson, an IT expert with an interest in medical technology who has previously worked on projects including the development of Cardiac Imaging Detectors with George Charpak (Nobel Laureate) and Cancer Therapy. Most recently Joe was responsible for designing, developing and implementing the Jersey Post Call and Check community service to address the needs of an aging population: an idea so powerful it was recently commended by Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States.
- Paul Dunn, 3 times TED speaker, Senior Fellow in one of the world's leading Think Tanks, one of the first ten people in Hewlett Packard Australia and recently featured alongside Sir Richard Branson in a global news item on "disrupters in business". Paul is Chairman of B1G1: Business for Good, a company that's already enabled businesses to create almost 60 million giving impacts around the world.
Our TEDxStHelier event speaker sessions are interspersed with TED talk videos from a range of disciplines and cultures and talks from Grainville students focused on education and technology.
Attendees are encouraged throughout the day to visit the tech fair and take part in the ideas laboratory. Students across Jersey have been given the opportunity to apply for one of 100 free tickets to the event.