Following the success of the Island Innovators Unconference with Yossi Vardi in April 2014, Digital Jersey will be holding its first unconference, ‘The Meeting of the Minds’ on the 5th and 6th September.
In line with Digital Jersey’s innovative vision, the format of an unconference contrasts with the constraints of a traditional conference; the agenda and content for the day is generated by the participants and everyone is encouraged to participate, challenging the current situation through discussion, interaction and creative thinking.
The event will target a selection of key stakeholders and members in the first instance, targeting the creative thinkers and the digital influencers in Jersey.
The provisional agenda for the two days is as follows:
Friday 5th September (6 – 9pm)
- Welcome evening
- Rules and format
- Meet and greet
- Workshop allocations
Saturday 6th September (8:30am – 9pm)
- 09:00 – MetaMind's Talk
- 10:00 – Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 10:55 – Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 11.45 – Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 12:40 – Workshops – 4 x4 tracks running in parallel
- 13:20 – Lunch
- 14:00 – Graham Daldry's Talk
- 15:00 – The Minds Meeting Creative Activity – Collaborative problem sharing to develop a valuable idea for Jersey
- 17:00 – The Big Pitch
- 18:00 – Dinner and drinks
Digital Jersey has confirmed:
- Graham Daldry – Creative Director at Specsavers – Graham is the creator of the iconic Specsavers strapline, “Should’ve gone to Specsavers” and has been responsible for the UK’s longest-lived advertising campaign since its inception in 2002
- Andreas Stadler, (Metamind) is a Generalist, maker and technology visionary. Working in San Francisco and Berlin, blending science, technology, and art, he has helped to shape the ‘citizenscience’ scene and actively mentors individuals in the start-up/accelerator systems.
Paul Masterton, Chairman of Digital Jersey, commented:
“We are thrilled to be hosting our own unconference, inspired by the creative strategy and format of the successful Island Innovators unconference in April, ‘The meeting of the minds’ is designed to recognise the strong creative and digital sectors in Jersey and provide a platform for new inter-industry relationships to form. In being inspired to create new opportunities and playing to the strengths of each sector, I am confident that this event will facilitate beneficial opportunities for the wider community.”
To keep up to date with news and information relating to the event, the event-specific hashtag will be #DJMINDS14